23rd Dec 2015
Fun things to do with the kids over Christmas
Make this Christmas magical
Make this Christmas magical with our list of fun things to do over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with your kids.
1. Attend a Christmas play to get your kids into the holiday spirit. A performance of “A Christmas Carol” or “The Nutcracker” should keep the kids entertained for a couple of hours.
2. Watch a Christmas movie. Dim the lights, grab your popcorn and get cozy with the kids on the sofa to watch classics like “ It’s a Wonderful Life” or “Miracle on 34th Street”.
3. Read bedtime Christmas stories.
4. Get your musical instruments out and go Christmas carolling in the neighbourhood and sing some Christmas tunes.
5. Christmas is a great time to familiarise kids with other cultures and Christmas traditions from people across the world. Get some hot chocolate and sit around the table to read about Christmas around the globe.
6. Involve the kids in some Christmas arts and crafts. Make paper snowflakes or colour home made Christmas cards. Encourage their creativity by making homemade tree decorations.
7. Take the kids out to watch the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood. There will always be families trying to outdo each other in their Christmas lights display.
8. Bake some Christmas cookies or gingerbread houses.
9. If you are stuck indoors, play fun Christmas related games with your children. You can either do a family jigsaw puzzle or have a Christmas themed scavenger hunt such as find Santa’s reindeers. A fun Christmas dress up with elves and fairy costumes should keep the kids entertained for a good few hours.
10. If all else fails, get the kids to write letters to Santa about how good they have been this year. This is something that should get the kids excited. After all for the kids, Christmas is all about the big man coming to visit with presents isn’t it?
Make this Christmas magical with our list of fun things to do over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with your kids.comments powered by Disqus